We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Information/Administration Officer – Role Description
Term of Appointment: Permanent
Location: Based in Wolverhampton City Centre
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Responsible To: Healthwatch Wolverhampton
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Healthwatch Wolverhampton is the independent champion for local people’s voices in health and social care in Wolverhampton. The service is delivered by Engaging Communities Staffordshire (ECS), a Community Interest Company that also delivers three other local Healthwatch services in the West Midlands. ECS is now looking for an energetic, committed Information/Administration Officer, passionate about making a difference to the lives of people in Wolverhampton by ensuring that health and care services are geared to their needs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To be the key point of contact for public requests and queries that come into the office via the telephone, email or in person and to deal with issues where possible, signposting people to appropriate health and social care services on request, carrying out research as necessary including contacting other agencies as required.
- Develop a comprehensive signposting service that has effective links and referral systems to relevant services across Wolverhampton.
- Co-ordinate and deliver a programme of drop in sessions throughout the city, to deliver outreach information and signposting services to seldom heard/ hard to reach communities.
- To follow up on any issues dealt with in order to demonstrate impact, and to keep up to date and accurate records of all communications received.
- To provide administrative support to the Healthwatch Wolverhampton team as directed and produce correspondence and confidential information in consultation with the Chief Officer.
- Administration duties for project co-ordination, including co-ordinating fieldwork and engagement activities, booking venues, recruiting to fieldwork, sourcing participants through local stakeholder events and supporting engagement activities.
- To carry out research, analyse and interpret data and information: preparing, compiling, reviewing and editing relevant reports/ documents as required.
- Provide administrative support to the Operations Officer, assisting with Enter and View activities in line with its statutory duties and regulations.
- Assist in the recruitment of volunteers and co-ordination of training.
- Data inputting, case management and diary management.
- To support the Healthwatch Wolverhampton website by regularly updating and reviewing information, ensuring it is accurate and relevant, and ensuring the Experience Exchange platform is moderated and updated regularly.
- Develop and maintain up to date social media platforms, including Facebook, and Twitter, ensuring there are regular and relevant posts; the profile of Healthwatch is visible and following is increased.
- Produce a quarterly e-bulletin and co-ordinate the production of the Annual Report and Annual General Meeting.
- To oversee incoming and outgoing post for the organisation, maintaining an inventory of office supplies and ordering additional stock as required.
- Arranging and supporting meetings and conferences, training and other events as directed.
- Any other duties as required which are commensurate with the salary for this post.